- The office-bearers of the Society shall consist of an Executive Committee comprising the following:
- Names for the above offices except for the posts of Chairman, Immediate Past Chairman, and Secretary shall be proposed and seconded, and election will be by a simple majority vote of the members at the Annual General Meeting. All the office bearers except the Treasurer shall be eligible for re-election.
- The Chairman shall be the person for the time being holding the office of Ketua Pengarah, Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Malaysia.
- The Secretary shall be an official from the Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Malaysia, appointed by the Ketua Pengarah, Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Malaysia.
- The function of the Executive Committee shall be to organize and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Society and to make decision on matters effecting its running within the general policy laid down by the general meeting. The Executive Committee may not act contrary to the expressed wishes of the general meeting without prior reference to it and shall always remain subordinate to the general meeting a report to each annual general meeting on its activities during the previous year.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least once every quarter, and seven (7) days notice of each meeting shall be given to the Executive Committee members. At least one half of the Executive Committee members must be present for these proceedings to be valid and to constitute a quorum.
- Where any urgent matter requiring the approval of the Executive Committee arises and it is not possible to convene a meeting, the Secretary may obtain such approval by means of a circular letter. The following conditions must be fulfilled before a decision of the Executive Committee is deemed to have been obtained:-
- The issue must be clearly set out in the circular and circular and forwarded to all members of the Executive Committee;
- At least one half of the members of the Executive Committee must indicate whether they are in favor or against the proposal; and
- The decision must be by a majority vote.
- Any elected member of the Executive Committee who fails to attend three (3) consecutive meetings of the Executive Committee without satisfactory explanation shall be deemed to have resigned from the Executive Committee.
- In the event of the death or resignation of an elected member of the Executive Committee the candidate who received the next highest number of votes at the previous election for the post effected shall be invited to fill the vacancy. If there is no such candidate or if such candidate declined to accept office, the Executive Committee shall have the power to co-opt any other member of the Society to fill the vacancy until the next election.
- The Executive Committee shall give instructions to the Secretary and other officers for the conduct of the affairs of the Society. It may appoint such officers and such staff as it deems necessary. It may suspend or dismiss any officers or member of the staff for neglect of duty, dishonesty, incompetence, refusal to carry out the decisions of the Executive Committee, or for any other reason which it deems good and sufficient in the interest of the Society.
- Between Annual General Meetings the Executive Committee shall interpret the rules of the Society and when necessary, determine any point on which the rules are silent.
- The Executive Committee shall prescribe Bylaws and Regulations for the proper exercise of the corporate power vested in it and may at any time in the manner, approve, annul or vary the Bylaws.
- Except where they are contrary to or inconsistent with the policy previously laid down by the general meeting, the decisions of the Executive Committee shall be binding on all members of the Society unless and until countermanded by a countermanded by a resolution of a general meeting.
A Vice Chairman
Five (5) Ordinary Committee Members of which at least three (3) shall be Corporate members.
- About MANCID
- History of Irrigation
- Executive Committee
- Contact Us
- Comment & Suggestion
- Name, Place of Business
- Aims and Objectives
- Entrance Fees, Subscriptions
- and Other Dues
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- General Meeting Proceedings
- Executive Committee
- Duties of Office-Bearers
- Amendments of Rules